To use oAuth with EWS for Office 365, You have to register a custom application in the Azure Active Directory for the Office 365 tenant and gather some information. Please follow the guide below.
Please use Evoko Home version 2.2 or later to setup OAuth with Office 365.
- Configure the Azure app and collect information
- Register App for use with oAuth in EWS
- Login using OAuth in the Evoko Home v2.2 configuration Wizard.
- Create your Service Account and Room Resource Accounts in the Exchange Admin Center.
Configure the Azure App with Client Information
Find the tenant name or ID for your Office 365 Tenant in Azure Active Directory
You can use either tenant name or ID in the Evoko Home configuration wizard. Note this down for use in the Evoko Home configuration wizard.
Alternative #1: Use the Tenant ID
- Login to Office 365 Admin Portal and open Azure AD Admin Portal by clicking “Azure Active Directory” under Admin Centers (click “Show All” to show Admin Centers if menu hidden).
- This will open Azure Active Directory admin center Dashboard. You can also visit this dashboard by URL: https://aad.portal.azure.com
- Click Azure Active Directory in left panel and click “Properties” under “Manage” section.
- Make a note of “Directory ID”, in this case 5024441e-8554-4dbf-9a00-d90e298448e8. This is “Office 365 Azure AD Tenant ID”
Register the Application for use of oAuth in EWS
- In the Azure AD portal, click “App Registrations” to open the App registrations blade.
- Click the New Registration button. Fill in name and redirect URI https://localhost and click Register.
- Once application is created, you can see the details page. Make a note of “Application (client) ID” value for the Evoko Home configuration wizard.
- Click on “Authentication”. Scroll down and enable “Treat application as public client” by selecting “Yes”. Press 'Save'. Note! Make sure that “Access Token” and “ID Tokens” are not selected.
- Go to “API permissions” setting.
- Click “Add a permission” button, scroll down and select “Exchange”.
- In the permission selection page, select “Delegated Permission”, which will open the list of permissions for Delegated access. Expand “EWS” and select “EWS.AccessAsUser.All”. Click the Add permission button.
- You should now see the application permissions.