This document provides instructions on how to integrate the Evoko Room Manager in Evoko Home. After completing this procedure, your Room Managers will no longer be managed by Evoko Control Panel. **You must be running v2.2 of Evoko Home to try this BETA.**
Important! Please read through this document before starting, and contact Evoko support if you have any questions.
The main benefits of integrating the Evoko Room Manager into Evoko Home are:
- Centralized management even with mixed environments (Liso/Room Manager)
- Simpler booking system configuration since it only needs to be configured for Evoko Home.
- Better support for newer ciphers and technologies (including support for the Office 365 oAuth transition)
There are also a few drawbacks:
- Integration requires additional software and setup.
- Not currently possible to end meetings early from the Room Manager screen.
- Some Evoko Home settings need to be changed for the integration to work.
Server Setup - WebAPI application
- Evoko Home v2.2 needs to be installed and configured. For setup instructions, please see Evoko Liso / Getting started v2.x
- Download Evoko Room Manager Bridge: https://www.evoko.se/downloads/ (Select Evoko Room Manager --> Software ---> Evoko Room Manager Bridge)
- Open "Turn Windows features on or off".
- Enable Internet Information Services, then enable the following.:
- All options under World Wide Web Services\Application Development Features
- All options under World Wide Web Services\Common HTTP Features.
- Security\Windows Authentication
- Run the setup.exe located in the Integration subfolder of the ERM Integration.
- After install has finished successfully, reboot if needed, then open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Navigate to Sites -> Default Web Site -> EvokoWebAPI and click Edit Permissions.
- Go to the Security tab, click Edit, select IIS_IUSRS and click Full Control. Then click OK on the two dialog boxes.
- Restart IIS by clicking on the server name in the top left corner and selecting Restart under the Manage Server menu.
- Open a web browser and open http://[IP]/EvokoWebAPI, where [IP] is the ip of the server.
- Log in using EvokoAdmin and Password123.
- Under EH end point, enter the Evoko Home server IP and port, for example 192.168.1.108:3002
Important! Only enter IP:PORT! Do not enter protocol, slashes or path.
- Open Evoko Home, go to global settings and copy the default API token, then paste it in the "Set MongoDB User details" tab in EvokoWebAPI.
This concludes the ERM WebAPI Endpoint configuration.
Evoko Home settings
In Evoko Home, the following settings need to be changed for the rooms that are going to be used with Room Managers.
- Go to Rooms -> Settings and select the rooms that are going to have Room Managers assigned to them. Click Edit Settings.
- Under booking settings, make sure everything is enabled except for Delete Future Meeting and Modify Future Meeting as the Room Manager does not currently support these features. Also disable all authentication settings as shown in the screenshot below.
Evoko Room Manager setup
This section will tell you how to configure the Room Manager for use with Evoko Home. Please note that after performing the steps below, your Room Manager will need a factory reset and reconfiguration if you would want to go back to using Evoko Control Panel.
Preparation: Copy the MeetingManagementSetup.CAB file to a FAT-formatted USB stick.
- On the Room Manager, log on using an admin PIN and select Exit Application.
- Open My Device on the desktop by double tapping it.
- Open ResidentFlash, select the MeetingManagementSetup folder, tap the Edit menu and select Delete.
- Insert the USB stick with the MeetingManagementSetup.CAB file, open My Device on the Room Manager and navigate to "Hard Disk".
- Copy MeetingManagementSetup.CAB to the desktop and then run it from the desktop by double clicking the icon.
- When prompted, enter the IP address to the WebAPI using the touch screen, then tap the green check mark.
- The Room Manager will connect to the WebAPI and download the configuration which will take a few minutes. The Room Manager will restart and you will be presented with the Select a Room screen.
- Select the room this Room Manager should be assigned to.