A Stream is created by a pre-defined design template made for specific types of information. There are a range of different types of stream templates within different topics to make sure all kind of information always looks great. Example of different templates is Blog, Company news, Project update, Liso overview etc. A Stream is created when a template is chosen, named and assigned to a Streamer. Every time a Stream is created, it ends up in Stream Library and is then available to be played in a Channel.
A Streamer is always assigned to a Stream. A Streamer is the person responsible to update the Stream with information. For example if the Admin User creates a Stream called Project Updates, the best thing would be if a project manager is responsible for updating the information. The Project Manager therefore gets assigned as a Streamer for Project updates. A streamer can be assigned to multiple Streams and it is possible to have multiple streamers assigned to the same Stream.
If you combine several Streams, you will get a playlist. If you combine a playlist with some design settings (such as light/dark theme, orientation, layout background image), you will get a Channel.
A Channel can then be assign to one or several Pusco Units and the information chosen will be shown on the unit.
A Stream is never connected to a specific channel. When created, it automatically ends up in the Stream Library and is therefore available to be used in any other channel. A stream never has a specific theme or orientation, it adapts depending on what channel it is played in.
There are two types of Streams, the one mentioned above called Main Streams and the News feed Streams. The News feed Streams are either a Twitter or a RSS feed, they work the same as Main Stream but no Streamers are needed.
How to create a Channel
- Log in to pusco.evoko.se
- Go to Channels and press Create New Channel
- Decide what design settings your Channel should have. (You need a Landscape Channel for Pusco Floor and a Portrait for Pusco Wall).
- Create new or add already existing Streams to create your playlist.
- When creating a new Stream, choose category and what stream type, then:
- Assign a Name to the Stream (will only be visible in Pusco Manager)
- Choose Update frequency, how often the Streamer should update
- Select Streamer, mening who is going to responsible for updating this Stream with information.
(Depending on what Stream type, different data is requested to be filled out. In the User Manual all the different fields are listed).
- If you have chosen the layout Main + News feed in the design settings you can also add News feed streams. These are either an RSS or and Twitter feed. The News feed streams works the same as Main Streams except you don't need a Streamer.
- Final step is to assign to an unit and/or Save Channel. Assign to unit is meaning you can already now decide what unit should play you Channel. This can also be done later on, which we cover in the next step.
Success! You have now done your first Channel! Moving on to assigning it to a Pusco Unit Step 7: Assign Channel to Pusco Unit