I you are going to change to another booking system you will need to reconfigure the Evoko Room Managers to use the new booking system. This article will show you how.
Note! These instructions are for the Evoko Room Manager (ERM1001). Instructions on how to migrate the Evoko Liso (ERM2001) are available in this article: How do I migrate Evoko Home from on-premises Exchange to Exchange Online?
In this example we are going to change from Exchange 2010 to Exchange Online (Office 365) but the instructions are similar for other booking systems.
- Read through the instructions before beginning. If you have questions or do not feel confident about any part of this procedure, please don't hesitate to contact our support team. They will gladly assist with your migration.
- Panel downtime is unfortunately inevitable. Please plan the procedure carefully to avoid pitfalls.
- Make sure you have a working configuration in Evoko Control Panel. If you do not have Evoko Control Panel installed, please download Evoko Control Panel from evoko.se and install it. If you need to import your configuration from one of your Evoko Room Managers, please see this article: How do I extract an existing configuration from a Room Manager and import it to the Evoko Control Panel?.
These are the general steps needed:
- Configure the new booking system according to the instructions for that booking system.
- Prepare a new Room Manager configuration in Evoko Control Panel.
- Apply the new configuration to the Evoko Room Managers, either by USB or remotely via EVO mode.
Detailed instructions for all of these steps can be found in the Getting Started section.
When planning the migration, please take the following into consideration:
- Until the new booking system is configured with the proper accounts and settings, the Evoko Room Managers will not connect to the new booking system even with a new configuration.
- If the old booking system is still online and the accounts are still active, the Evoko Room Managers will continue to work during the migration process, but until the new configuration is applied, meetings will be synchronized with the old booking system.
Create the new configuration in Evoko Control Panel
Note! The procedure differs somewhat depending on whether you are currently using EVO mode or not.
If you are currently using EVO mode, you can change the configuration in Evoko Control Panel and apply changes while the old booking system is still active. This way, configuration changes will be automatically applied on each panel. After the new configuration is applied, the panels will be offline until the new booking system is configured.
If you are currently not using EVO mode, the configuration needs to be manually applied to each panel using a USB flash drive.
- In Evoko Control Panel, go to the Setup -> Start screen.
- Click the new booking system type and then Continue to connectivity settings.
- Fill in the server URL of the new booking system and click Test Connection to verify that the URL is correct.
- Click System Properties to continue to the next screen. Normally, everything in here should already be populated from your current configuration. Change any values if needed.
- Continue through the rest of the screens, changing any values needed. If you have already migrated your booking system and configured it for the Evoko Room Manager, you should click the test buttons in Evoko Control Panel to make sure the credentials and settings are OK.
- If you are using EVO mode and are ready to apply the new settings, click Remote Upgrade.
If you are not using EVO mode, click Export to USB or Export to folder to export the settings.