Evoko Liso and Evoko Home 2.0 have now entered public BETA! Please find more information in this article.
- What's new in 2.0?
- How do I apply?
- Update Evoko Liso firmware from 1.x to 2.0 BETA
- Update Evoko Home from 1.x to 2.0 BETA on Windows
- Update Evoko Home from 1.x to 2.0 BETA on Linux
- Report an issue / leave feedback
What's new in 2.0?
In release 2.0, we have polished the design, optimized the flow of what information is shown on the Liso at different times and introduced a new status light color (Amber) that will be shown 10 minutes before a meeting is about to start. All to make the user experience even better!
In the official release of 2.0, we will also include the smartphone app (“Get a room”) and the overview screen. The smartphone app will make room booking “on the go” even easier, and the app will make it easy to find and book an available meeting room from your smartphone. The Overview screen is a way of using a larger screen to display either a Room Overview or a Meeting Overview for a building or floor to easily find an available room or your meeting.
Both the smartphone app and the overview screen are currently in beta testing on the 1.x versions but will not be included in the public BETA program for 2.0.
How do I apply?
In order to get access to the 2.0 BETA please submit a request here. Fill out the form and set "Reason for ticket" to "2.0 BETA". This should generate a ticket where a support agent will get back to you with links to the 2.0 BETA downloads.
Update Evoko Liso firmware from 1.x to 2.0 BETA
Update Evoko Liso firmware via remote upgrade
To successfully update the Liso firmware from
2018_MM_DD_v2.0.xyz via a remote upgrade we recommend updating the Liso firmware before updating Evoko Home from
Since the Liso 2.0 BETA firmware isn't published on the release server download-liso.evoko.se you will need to add it to the local directory
.../liso_files/ on your Evoko Home server.
- Add the firmware update image
C:\Program Files (x86)\EVOKO\EvokoHome\liso_fileson Windows or
~/Evoko Home/liso_fileson Linux.
- Once the firmware images is copied to the server press "Load firmware" under "Monitoring" in Evoko Home.
- Once all Liso devices are upgraded to
2018_MM_DD_v2.0.xyz, proceed by updating Evoko Home to
Update Evoko Liso firmware via USB stick
Kingston brand USB flash drives are known to be incompatible, so please choose a different brand.
- Copy or move
full-image-gui-imx6solotinto_2018_MM_DD_v2.0.xyz.tar.gzto the root of a USB stick. The file should not be uncompressed.
- Insert the USB memory stick into the USB port on the back of the Liso.
- To perform the upgrade:
- If the Evoko Liso is not configured, press the "Upgrade via USB" button.
- If the Evoko Liso is already configured, log into the admin menu on the device and press the "Upgrade via USB" button.
Update Evoko Home from 1.x to 2.0 BETA on Windows
- Verify that you have a record of the correct MongoDB credentials. If you don't have them, you can check them by opening the Evoko Home service configuration file in a text editor:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EVOKO\EvokoHome\ErmService.exe.config. If they are different from the default values ("evoko_user", "evoko_pass", "evoko_db") it is very important that you save them somewhere. The credentials are needed when reinstalling Evoko Home.
Important! Failure to perform this step will result in Evoko Home data loss or a complicated data recovery process.
- Go to services, select the ERM Service and stop it.
- Go to Add or remove programs and uninstall Evoko Home. If Evoko Home Panel is installed, uninstall it too.
- Uninstall NodeJS 4.x
- If MongoDB is not version 3.4, uninstall MongoDB
- Make sure the following prerequisites are installed. If not, download and install them.
- NodeJS version 8.9.4, 64-bit.
- MongoDB version 3.4, 64-bit.
- Microsoft .NET framework version 4.5.2 or later.
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable version 14.0.24215, 64-bit.
Update Evoko Home from 1.x to 2.0 BETA on Linux
Updating from 1.x to 2.0 BETA on Linux is the same as updating between for example 1.35 and 1.36.0.
- Download the available 2.0 BETA version of Evoko Home for Linux and put the installation package on the server.
- Extract the downloaded installation package
tar -xzf installation_vx.yz.tar.gz.
- Change directory to the to the newly extracted directory
- Run the installation script
sudo bash install.sh.
- Accept to remove nodejs by typing
- To continue and install, select Yes by typing
- Select Yes by typing
Enterto update using your existing configuration/database.
- Set the maximum amount of memory Evoko Home can use by typing the amount e.g.
2048and followed by pressing
- Make sure that MongoDB is running by entering
service mongod status, the output should say "active (running)".
If MongoDB is not already running please enter
service mongod startand then check the status again.
- Next make sure that Evoko Home is running by entering
sudo supervisorctl, the output should say "RUNNING".
start evoko_homein the supervisor if Evoko Home is not already running or starting.
- Finally make sure that you can access the Evoko Home web interface as usual via a web browser. Once your logged in you should encounter "Migration in progress. Please wait...".
- Press "OK" and you're done. Proceed by updating Liso units and try out the new UI.
Report an issue / leave feedback
We'd love to hear your opinions and find out if you're experiencing any issues. Please let us know via the ticket you used for applying. If your reporting an issue please include steps on how to reproduce the issue and any additional information that could be useful.