Important! following instructions applies to the Room Manager (ERM1001) and NOT its successor, the Liso (ERM2001).
- Create a new project and service account
- Create and configure resource calendars
- Create a dedicated user account
- Configuration via the Evoko Control Panel
Note! Please make sure that no security functions or programs block or restrict a direct https (443) connection between Google G Suite and the Evoko Room Manager (i.e. domain control, firewalls, proxies, network logins etc.)
Create a new project and service account
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com/cloud-resource-manager and login as a Google domain Admin.
- Press “Create project”.
- Select a name for your project and press “Create”.
- Wait for the project to be created. Once created navigate to your new project.
- Under "Getting Started" select "Enable APIs and get credentials like keys".
- Press "Enable APIs and Services".
- Under "G Suite" select "Google Calendar API".
- Press "Enable".
- Again under "G Suite" select "Gmail API".
- Press "Enable".
- Navigate to "IAM & admin" > "Service accounts".
- Press "Create service account".
- Enter a name for the service account and under "Role" select "Project" > "Service Account Actor".
Enable "Furnish a new private key" and select "P12". Additionally tick the box for "Enable G Suite Domain-wide Delegation".
- The following will be displayed once the service account is created and P12-key is downloaded.
Note! Make sure to save the .p12 key as you will need it later.
- Now your service account should appear in the list of service accounts.
Please make note of your "Client ID" as you will need it later.
- Now go to https://admin.google.com and navigate to “Security”.
- Navigate to “Advanced settings” > "Manage API client access".
- Under "Client Name" assign your service accounts Client ID (shown in step 2.15).
Under “One or More API Scopes” copy and paste the following string, then press “Authorize”.
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.compose, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.modify, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar
Create and configure resource calendars
- Under https://admin.google.com and navigate to "Apps".
- Press "G Suite".
- Press "Calendar".
- Under "General settings" make sure that "External sharing options for secondary calendars" is set to one of the two values below.
- Next step is to add one or several resource calendars, to do so navigate to "Resources".
Note! If you already have all resource calendars setup in your Google G Suite environment you can skip to step 8.
- Press "Add new resource".
- Add the details for your resource and then "Add Resource".
- Go to https://www.google.com/calendar and in the calendar side menu under "Other calendars" search for your resource calendar and add it.
- The resource calendar should now show up under "My calendars", click on the arrow next to the resource name and press "Share this Calendar".
- Under "Person" assign the email address for your "Service account".
Under "Permission Settings", select "Make changes to events" and then press "Add Person".
Note! If you're unable to select "Make changes to events" please verify that the "External sharing options for secondary calendars" is configured as suggested in step 3.4. Furthermore if you recently changed the "External sharing options for secondary calendars" note that it can take up to 24 hours to propagate.
- Verify that the service account is added and press "Save".
Note! If you would like to setup several resource calendars simply repeat above steps 3.5-3.11.
Create a dedicated user account
A dedicated user account is necessary in order to use the report issue feature on the Room Managers.
Please setup a user account with the address [email protected].
- Go to https://admin.google.com and navigate to “Users”.
- In the bottom right corner press “Add user”.
- Enter a first and last name for the evoko user and set the primary email address to [email protected]<yourdomain.com>, then press “Create”.
Configuration via the Evoko Control Panel
- Download and install the Evoko Control Panel. The software is available at our website.
- Launch the Evoko Control Panel.
- Choose Google G Suite as your server.
- Click on “Continue to connectivity settings” in the bottom right corner to continue.
- Upload the authentication key (P12-key) which you downloaded in step 2.14.
- Optional: Test your accounts for functionality.
- Click on “System properties” in the bottom right corner to continue.
- Choose your “Time format”.
- Choose the language which will be displayed on the Evoko Room Manager.
- Optional setting: Enter the name of your Organization.
- Enter the email-address to your System Administrator.
- Choose a system Admin PIN code, the code is used to access the Admin menu on the Room Manager.
- Add one or two email-addresses to the “Facility manager”.
- Choose a Facility manager PIN code, the code is used to access the Facility manager menu on the Evoko Room Manager.
- Choose if you want the Evoko Room Manager always on or set by time.
- Choose your Time zone at the Evoko Room Manager unit location.
- Optional Setting: Assign one or multiple NTP-servers, separate the servers with a comma.
0.pool.ntp.org, 1.pool.ntp.org, 2.pool.ntp.org, 3.pool.ntp.org
- Click on “Admin credential” in the bottom right corner to continue.
- Click on button “Add users”.
- Add the email address for your service account e.g.
- Click on “Room dashboard” in the bottom right corner to continue.
- Click on “Add group” to create a group.
- Choose method to add a room, for this guide we’ll go with “Quickly”.
- Fill in a Room name and under "Google resource email" enter the email address for the room e.g.
- Fill in the amount of seats in the room and choose the room facilities.
- Enable the optional features that you would like to configure your Evoko Room Manager with.
Note! To add several Rooms to your configuration simply repeat step 6.23-6.26.
- Book meeting - Enables the user to book a meeting on the Evoko Room Manager.
- Extend meeting - Enables the user to extend a meeting on the Evoko Room Manager.
- End meeting – Enables the user to end a meeting on the Evoko Room Manager.
- Report issue – Enables the user to report any of the chosen facilities.
When reporting any of the chosen facilities a email is generated to the assigned facility manager(s).
- Display Subject – Enables the subject of the meeting to be displayed on the Room Manager.
- Display Organizer – Enables the organizer of the meeting to be displayed on the Evoko Room Manager.
- Confirm Meeting (5-30min) – Enables a check in feature which will trigger a confirm/check-in button that will popup on the Evoko Room Manager 10 min prior to the meeting start and will be displayed 5-30 min post to the meeting start. If the confirm button isn’t pressed within the selected timeframe the meeting room will be released.
- Confirm Reminder – Enables a reminder-email which will be sent to the organizer of the meeting. This email is triggered 5 minutes before the confirm time expires and is only sent out if the room hasn’t already been confirmed/checked in.
- Insert an empty USB-stick in your computer (4 GB or less and FAT-formatted is recommended).
- Click on “Export to USB” in the bottom right corner to export your configuration.
Now that you’re done with the configuration, to proceed simply upload the configuration to the Evoko Room Manager via your USB-stick and follow the instructions on the screen.