This part will go through the necessary preparations needed in Google G Suite to integrate Evoko Liso.
- Create a new project and enable APIs
- Create a service account
- Grant service account API access
- Create and configure resource calendar
Create a new project and enable APIs
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com/cloud-resource-manager and login as a Google domain Admin.
- Press “Create project”.
- Select a name for your project and press “Create”.
- Wait for the project to be created. Once created navigate to your new project.
- Under "Getting Started" select "Enable APIs and get credentials like keys".
- Press "Enable APIs and Services".
- Under "G Suite" select "Google Calendar API".
- Press "Enable".
- Again under "G Suite" select "Gmail API".
- Press "Enable".
- Again under "G Suite" select "Admin SDK".
- Press "Enable".
Create a service account
- Navigate to "IAM & admin" > "Service accounts".
- Press "Create service account".
- Enter a name and under "Role" select Service Accounts > Service Account Token Creator.
Enable "Furnish a new private key" and select "P12". Additionally tick the box for "Enable G Suite Domain-wide Delegation".
- The following will be displayed once the service account is created and P12-key is downloaded.
Note! Make sure to save the .p12 key as you will need it later.
- Now your service account should appear in the list of service accounts, press "View Client ID".
Please make note of your "Client ID" as you will need it later.
Grant service account API access
- Now go to https://admin.google.com and navigate to “Security”.
- Navigate to “Advanced settings” > "Manage API client access".
- Under "Client Name" assign your service accounts Client ID (shown in this step).
Under “One or More API Scopes” copy and paste the following string, then press “Authorize”.
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.send
Create and configure resource calendar
- Go to https://admin.google.com and navigate to "Apps".
- Press "G Suite".
- Press "Calendar".
- Under "General settings" make sure that "External sharing options for secondary calendars" is set to one of the two values below.
- Next step is to add one or several resource calendars, to do so navigate to "Resources".
Note! If you already have all resource calendars setup in your environment you can skip to subscribing .
- Press "Add new resource".
- Add the details for your resource and then "Add Resource".
- Go to https://www.google.com/calendar and in the calendar side menu under "Other calendars" search for your resource calendar and add it.
- The resource calendar should now show up under "My calendars", click on the arrow next to the resource name and press "Share this Calendar".
- Under "Person" assign the email address for your "Service account".
Under "Permission Settings", select "Make changes to events" and then press "Add Person".
Note! If you're unable to select "Make changes to events" please verify that the "External sharing options for secondary calendars" is configured as suggested in this step. Furthermore if you recently changed the "External sharing options for secondary calendars" note that it can take up to 24 hours to propagate.
- Verify that the service account is added and press "Save".
Note! If you would like to setup several resource calendars simply repeat above steps 5-11.
Once done with the necessary preparations in Google G Suite please move on to Step 3: Evoko Home installation