This part will go through the necessary preparations needed in Google G Suite to integrate Evoko Liso.
- Create a new project and enable APIs
- Create a service account
- Grant service account API access
- Create and configure resource calendar
Create a new project and enable APIs
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com/cloud-resource-manager and login as a Google domain Admin.
- Press “Create project”.
- Select a name for your project and press “Create”.
- Wait for the project to be created. Once created navigate to your new project.
- Under "Getting Started" select "Enable APIs and get credentials like keys".
- Press "Enable APIs and Services".
- Under "G Suite" select "Google Calendar API".
- Press "Enable".
- Again under "G Suite" select "Gmail API".
- Press "Enable".
- Again under "G Suite" select "Admin SDK".
- Press "Enable".
Create a service account
- Navigate to "IAM & admin" > "Service accounts".
- Press "Create service account".
- Enter a Service Account Name (We Recommend Evoko-Liso and a brief description as to what this account is going to be used for) and press create.
- Select the role this account will be playing: Service Account Admin and press continue.
- Click "Create Key" and select "P12".
- The generated P12 Key will be downloaded to the local machine. You will need this P12 key when going through the Evoko Home Wizard and configuring with this environment. Press close on the dialogue box when prompted.
- This will bring you to a list of service accounts created for your project. Please click on your newly created service account.
- Press "Edit" and Enable Domain Wide Delegation for this account. Click Save.
- Now your service account should appear in the list of service accounts, press "View Client ID".
Please make note of your "Client ID" as you will need it later.
Grant service account API access
- Now go to https://admin.google.com and navigate to “Security”.
- Navigate to “Advanced settings” > "Manage API client access".
- Under "Client Name" assign your service accounts Client ID
Under “One or More API Scopes” copy and paste the following string, then press “Authorize”.
https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.send
Create and configure resource calendar
- Go to https://admin.google.com and navigate to "Apps".
- Press "G Suite".
- Press "Calendar".
- Click on "General settings."
- "External sharing options for secondary calendars" is set to one of the two values below.
- Next step is to add one or several resource calendars, to do so navigate to "Resources".
Note! If you already have all resource calendars setup in your environment you can skip to subscribing .
- Press "Add new resource".
- Add the details for your resource and then "Add Resource".
- Go to https://www.google.com/calendar and in the calendar side menu under "Other calendars" browse for your newly created Resource and click the check box icon.
- The resource calendar should now show up under "My calendars", click on the arrow next to the resource name and press "Settings and Sharing".
- Under "Share with Specific People" assign the email address for your "Service account".
Under "Permission Settings", select "Make changes to events" and then press "Add Person".
Note that it can take up to 24 hours to propagate all of this information for GSuite. We recommend waiting at least 24 hours before attempting to configure these accounts with Evoko Home!
Once done with the necessary preparations in Google G Suite please move on to Step 3: Evoko Home installation