Performing a firmware reset can be necessary in some scenarios when encountering issues with the running software on the Liso unit, or if the current firmware is very old.
Regular firmware updates should be done remotely via the network using Evoko Home (Default mode only) or by using a USB stick. Please find the instructions for a firmware update here.
Step 1: Create a bootable firmware reset USB
Additionally Kingston brand USB flash drives are known to be incompatible, so please choose a different brand.
To write the firmware reset image to a USB you will need to use some kind of disk imaging software. In the below examples we will use Rufus which is open source and can be download from their website here. If you are more familiar with Win32DiskImager or Etcher, those tools also work.
- Download the latest Firmware Reset image available here.
- In Rufus, click the select image icon.
- Select the firmware reset image you downloaded and press "Open".
There is usually no need to uncompress the image as Rufus will take care of that.
- Click "start".
- Note that all existing data on the USB will be removed. Click "OK" on the warning if you agree and want to continue.
- Wait for the image to be written to the USB. This usually takes less than 10 minutes.
- Once Rufus is finished you should see "READY" in the status bar.
The USB should now be named
Boot imx6dland should contain some new files.
Step 2: Boot Evoko Liso with firmware reset USB
Next up is to boot the Liso unit from the firmware reset USB rather than the Liso internal storage.
- Power off the Liso by removing the PoE or power cable.
- Insert the firmware reset USB in the Evoko Liso.
- Power on the Evoko Liso by inserting the PoE or power cable and wait.
- If successfully booted from the USB stick the following text should be displayed "If you do not want to flash the device, remove the USB image and reboot the device, otherwise it will start flash in 30 seconds".
- Once the firmware reset is complete, the following text should be displayed "Flash has been successfully completed! Please plug-out the USB and reboot the device."